"A" Rated School
LEADERSHIP: For 2012-13, this single gender program for boys is being expanded from a 9-12 program into a 6-12 magnet academy. The school integrates a leadership theme into the core curriculum and emphasizes rigorous postsecondary preparation by offering a wide variety of AP courses and dual enrollment opportunities for students. Additionally, students are required to incorporate the Seven Habits into their daily decision making, language, and overall behavior.
Basic Criteria for Young Men's Preparatory Academy Magnet Program:
Click here for the elegibility validation form
• Minimum of 2.0 grade point average in core academic classes (e.g. Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies)
• Minimum grade of "C" in conduct
• All effort grades in core academic classes must be a "2" or higher
• No more than 10 unexcused absences for previous year
• Recommendations required - Click here for official form
• FCAT scores reviewed as part of the eligibility process to determine if a student has at least one elective period available to take magnet theme courses.